We all need to have, gratitude.
Based on Princeton Online web dictionary it is defined as "a feeling of thankfulness and appreciation."
For it is important for us to have the feeling of gratitude, as if we are not thankful for all that we've got, we will never really be happy. You might feel that you are happy, but if you are not thankful, and do not have the feeling of gratitude, you won't appreciate the things that you have in life much enough. And appreciating the things that you have in life is important. As it makes life worth living. Be thankful that you have your family, parents and siblings, those that you love, your friends around you, the money that you have, the laid back, not-so-stressful live that you're living. Cause for some, they never got the chance to feel the joy of having a mom or a dad, a brother or a sister, and those who are not-so-lucky, who God loves them more than we do, those who did not have the chance to live long enough to feel the joy of having friends around them.
And that is not all, not only that it is important for us to have this feeling of gratitude, the feeling of thankfulness, but it is also important for us to express our thankfulness and gratitude to others. It does not take much to express that feeling of thankfulness of us, just a simple, "Thank you" is more than enough. It makes a whole lot, a whole lot, of difference. Trust me, it really does. It will make you feel better as you have expressed your thanks, and it will also make the person receiving the thank you feel great and appreciated. For then whatever their actions they did or words they utter that is deserved to be thanked for, are appreciated, and acknowledged. And the person receiving the thanks will be grateful and feel appreciated.
One last thing that I would like you readers to ponder since we're talking about gratitude, is a question that I was asked by my Ustaz (religious study teacher) way back in boarding school; "How often do you say thank you to your parents ?" When I was asked this way back then, it struck me that I did not thank my parents enough. They raise us from we're a small baby, feeding us, providing us with shelter and clothes, and up to till what we are now, and that readers, is deserving of a very huge Thank you. So people, thank your parents, thank your siblings, thank the ones you love, thank your friends. For expressing your gratitude, and receiving a thank you from someone, always feel good.
Till next time. Take care and stay safe people.
Thank you. =)
4 comments:
It strikes me ouch! Soalan ustaz..
I do feel thankful.. I always express my thankfulness except toward my parents.. Sometimes I just say thanks ma but it's not sincere.. Not that I don't wanna be.. But bcoz expressing feelings among our family members is rather not normal?.. I mean, we don't say things like 'i love u ma' or 'i miss u ayah'.. It's funny for us I guess, since we are not used to doing it.. So the only time I say thank u to my parents is every time after my prayers.. I wish I can express myself to them.. Just don't know how..
Well, we're of the same kind. I do know some people who can express it freely to their family members, but me, it's not as easy. But I try to sometimes. For me, I just sort of think that they already know that, and I don't need to tell them all that. But still I do tell them sometimes. Try telling your parents that you love them, I tried it once, through a text msg, and they truly appreciate it, and they always long for us kids to tell them that.
Try it. You'll be surprised. I promise. =)
And there's a lot of ways to tell them. Gifts with cards, verbally, text messaging, emails. In this age and time, there is never a shortage of ways to thank those who are deserving, and to remind those that you love that you love them. ;)
That's a big step for me.. Definitely will give it a shot..
Scared tho.. Haha..
Post a Comment