Monday, May 31, 2010

family.

I just got off the phone with my sister. I forgot that my parents was in Kuching for a holiday, so that leaves only my sister at home. It's been awhile since I last spoken to her, usually it'll only be my mom and dad.

Was talking about normal stuffs, about life here in Adelaide, about the people, about studies. And it was great. And we even talked about stuffs that we don't usually talk about. But instead of it being awkward or me trying to get away from it, it was good, and satisfying. I guess in times like these, they are the ones that are best to speak to. Yeah, we got friends and all, we talk we share mostly to them, but once in a while, when its done with your family, those of the same blood as yours, its good too.

I am trying to get on with my life here. It's been a topsy-turvy first semester here in Adelaide. Some stuffs that I had envisioned before I came here kind of came crashing down, broken into pieces, squashed flat by a big, giant foot. So far, there are none that are better than what was expected. But things are okay. Some are great, as expected, but there are not many. Scarce in fact.

I want to thank God, for blessing me with some of the people that I am surrounded with here. For they make things as if it's better. They make me living my life a bit more easier. They make things fun, they make things interesting. They make things good. Albeit I am blessed and surrounded by good if not great people here, sometimes, a small portion of my time, a small portion of me now, I wish, that I can exchange this all for that one person. Not that these people are not good, they are great, but sometimes, sometimes, I wish I can change all of this for that one particular person. But yeah, as what I gained from a good friend of mine, he says:

"God will not test us more than what He knows that we can handle. God is great, he'll give tests to us in living our life, He'll give us hardships, but not once He'll test us more than what we can handle, more than what we are able to face, more than we are able to cope with.
For He, for God is great."

This is not just for me, this is for you as well. I am not facing this alone, you are facing this as well. We are not together, but in a way, we are facing this together. Lets hope that we'll both get through this. Lets wish, lets pray that we capable of going through this.

Back to the title of the post, family. We sometimes take them for granted, if not you people, then I'll admit, I sometimes take them for granted. Just because they are our family, it doesn't mean that we can take them for granted. Sometimes I forgot, that in the end, whatever that happens, they are the ones that we'll/I'll turn back to. Yes, friends are there as well, but as we all know, some friends come and go, and some friends can only help in a certain way, but family, family will always be there. Our families will always try their best to help us in any which way that they can. I am quite sure that most of you would agree with me. So, to those of you whose reading, who took your family for granted at times, remember, that they are the ones that you'll turn to one day, when all your friends are gone, when all your friends can't help, your family will always be there. So, Ayah, Mama, Kakya, Abg Ayol and Abg Fir, thanks, for everything, for helping me, for guiding me, for educating me, and most of all, for just plainly being there. You guys are the best. =)

I guess that this is it for this time around. The mood to blog strikes me just now. And now I don't know what to type anymore in here. For all of you out there, be a good boy or girl, and keep in mind, that your family is always there.

To end this, I wish, I wish, I wish.

Till next time people. See you again.

No comments: